Beginning October 21, 2016, Microsoft Certified Professionals (MCPs) who achieve certain certifications or pass select exams will be awarded Microsoft Certification badges. These web-enabled badges are trusted and verifiable representations of the Microsoft Certifications you’ve achieved. They allow you to easily share the details of your skills with employers or clients, and broadly across social networks.
Every time you earn a new certification you can show your achievement to the world. Microsoft allows the professionals who have achieved certain exams, to claim their badges. Once you have earned the badge you can use them to explore more career opportunities and show your technical skills.
What is a digital badge?
Badges are a web-enabled representation of your certifications;
The badge is a metadata image linked with your personal information about Microsoft certifications. This security system ensures that only you can use it;
- Anyone who access your badge can easily learn about your skills and verify their authenticity.
- It is possible easily share online (LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, personal website) with your professional network;
- Search for job opportunities that match with your Microsoft skills;
- Discover what salary you can expect in a job which require Microsoft skills.
How can I get my Microsoft badge?
The process is simple. Once you have achieved a certification or passed an exam, you will automatically receive one email from Microsoft Certification Program. This is followed by a link which allows you to claim your digital badge.
- Select the link in your Acclaim email notification;
- Create an account on Acclaim;
- Acclaim sends you a confirmation email;
- To confirm your account and claim your badge, select the link in that email.
You can also explore other features in the Acclaim website
- Share your badge directly to LinkedIn, Facebook, and Twitter;
- Download your badge image and URL to embed in a résumé, website, email signature, etc;
- Personalize your profile;
- Explore labor market insights and job opportunities.
Am I eligible for a badge?
MCPs who pass the exams or achieve the certifications on the following list, on or after October 21, 2016, will receive badges. Beginning in November 2016, badges will be retroactively issued to those who passed the exams or achieved the certifications prior to October 21, 2016, beginning with those certifications which are still active.
The following subsets of exams and certifications are part of the pilot badge program. Additional badges are being evaluated for 2017. More information will be available in the January update.
To find out which exams and certifications are included during the launch phase, and detailed instructions on claiming your badge, please visit the Microsoft Certification Badge webpage.
As an official partner, New Horizons offer a varied range of Microsoft courses and certifications. Choose the best path that suits you and update your skills:
Contact us today to customise your training needs.
Click the image below to see our Microsoft certification paths: